April's Group Shoot - April 9th, 2011 - San Diego Botanical Garden
8:30am – Parking lot (230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas) - http://www.sdbgarden.org/
8:45am – group picture (red star on the map)
9:00am - The Garden Opens
11:30am - Oggi’s Pizza - 305 Encinitas Boulevard in Encinitas – 760-944-8170
Add your images in this Gallery: http://www.sandiegodslr.com/?q=gallery&g2_itemId=61813
The Garden opens at 9:00am, so let’s meet at 8:30am for the group picture prior to heading in. Bring your tripod and your close up lenses and diffusers if you have them, and maybe a squirt bottle to get that “fresh dew” look.
Located 20 minutes north of San Diego in Encinitas, California, San Diego Botanical Garden features over 35 acres of exhibits, including rare bamboo groves, desert gardens, a tropical rainforest, California native plants, Mediterranean climate landscapes, and a subtropical fruit garden. Scenic walks and trails along deep canyons and sunny hillsides allow visitors glimpses of many different horticultural habitats. Look for:
- The Mexican Garden: The Mexican Garden celebrates the botanical and horticultural wealth of Mexico;
- The Undersea Garden: succulents and other plants in a landscape that simulates an undersea coral reef;
- The Seeds of Wonder, an interactive children’s garden;
- Landscape for Fire Safety: a demonstration of fire-safe landscape plants, design and maintenance practices;
- California Gardenscapes: a demonstration of many native California plants in a variety of landscape situations with information on planting, watering and maintenance; and
- That humungous bullfrog that keeps eluding John Wright!
Admission is $12.00 for adults, and $8.00 for seniors, students, and active military. Your kids may enjoy this outing too – bring $6.00 for entry for kids 3-12, while those 2 and under are free. Parking is $2.00.
San Diego Botanical Garden is just 20 minutes north of downtown San Diego in Encinitas, California. It covers approximately 35 acres at 230 Quail Gardens Drive, which runs parallel to Interstate 5 between Encinitas and Leucadia Blvds.
I thought I would let people know that this Saturday, April 2, is the Tartan Day celebration in Balboa Park. All the Scottish clans get together in the lawn area at the International Houses, from 11:00AM to 4:00PM. Heather and I are planning to be there, so look for us if you happen by. We're also planning to hit the Zoo first, if anyone is interested in meeting us let me know.
More information here: http://www.tartandaysd.com/news.htm
Some beautiful weather this week. Happy shooting and as always, post your pics!
Some fun events happening this weekend. Happy shooting and as always, post your pics.
Unfortunately I lost my events listings and have to start over in compiling the list so it's not as in-depth as it has been. If you know of something fun happening around town, please add it to the list. Happy shooting.